Check in time is 3 p.m.—9 p.m.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. It is difficult to accommodate an early check-in, especially during our peak-season. As we are busy preparing for your arrival so we can get all the noisy, dirty stuff accomplished on Saturday so we don’t have to bother our guests with it during the week. If you are going to arrive after 9 p.m., please let us know and we can turn the lights on for you and leave you a note as to where your cabin is; you can then come and see us in the morning and we will take care of the check-in then.
This seems to be a relatively new happening at the resort, even though our lodge is open to the public we try very hard to keep the swimming area and grounds for guests only. If you have invited someone to visit the resort for the day we need to know they are coming and how long they will be staying. There is a fee for day guests of $10/person or a max of $50. This does not include a brief visit from someone that stops in to say hi.
1. Dogs must always be on a leash and under your control.
2. Dogs must not be left alone in your cabin, unless protected by a portable kennel.
3. Dogs must not be tied to trees near your cabin or anywhere on the property to bark or frighten passers-by.
4. Cabins must be left free of dog hair. This includes furniture, carpets and bed linens. If you know your dog will not stay off the furniture please bring something to cover it.
5. All dog litter must be cleaned up and disposed of properly. Please walk your dog away from the cabins in the woods and no dogs allowed on the beach or in the "kiddy pool".
6. If your dog is a "barker" we will kindly ask that you make other arrangements for his/her care before coming to Virgin Timber Resort.
7. In addition to cats, other household pets (birds/exotics) are not allowed.
8. Pet charge is $15/day, $75/week. A credit card will also be required in case excessive cleaning or damage is discovered after your departure.
Local kennel information available upon request.
For the sake of our septic systems, please use only the toilet tissue provided. That is the only thing that may be flushed, all else needs to go in the trash.
Please leave your cabin the way you found it. We do not require that you “clean” it but please wash and put away your dishes, use trash cans and give the floor a quick sweep. Report all damage or breakage. A $100 cleaning fee will be added to your bill for cabins left in poor condition or for unreported damages.
Keep in mind that the resort was built in the 1920s and even though we are continually upgrading and maintaining, it is still a rustic northwoods retreat. We do not refund due to weather conditions or other elements indigenous to the northwoods. If something malfunctions in your cabin we ask that you left us know as soon as you can so we may have the opportunity to repair or rectify the situation promptly. Fees will not be refunded simply because you do not “like your cabin” or if you have unreasonable expectations of the up north vacation.
Wisconsin state law prohibits smoking in lodging facilities, bars and restaurants.
Credit cards on file will be charged upon check-out for any unsettled tabs.